Are you considering welcoming a Sphynx kitten to be part of your household & family?
Would you like to join the NSCH Kitten Waiting List?
- when there’s been a mating. In this email we will ask you if you are still looking for a kitten & want to remain on our list!
- We will email again 3 weeks later - pregnancy can be condition day 21 after a successful mating so hopefully this email is confirming that there is a successful pregnancy. In this email we will provide the expected due date & the calculated dates for in person viewings & the earliest possible kitten collection date. Hopefully these dates will allow you to plan ahead for when you’ll be able to welcome your new Sphynx Kitten. We will again ask you to let us know if you want to continue to be on our waiting list!
- We email you 6 weeks later. This will be as soon as possible after the kittens have beenborn, letting you know the same day if we can! We will let you know the size of the litter, the sex and colours of the kittens.
Of course even if you are in the list, you may see news items (such as births) announced on our weblog or our Facebook page if you are a follower of our page.
- Week 0 / Day 0. Mating recorded
- Timings in pregnancy are counted the date of the first recorded mating:
- A cat pregnancy is usually 63-65 days in total (9 weeks).
- Sphynx Kittens remain with the mother for 12 weeks.
- Week 3/Day 21. Confirmation of pregnancy.
- Week 9/ Day 63 Kittening should occur between day 63-65.
- Reservations are invited (after application & video viewings).This means your chosen kitten is not open to any other interested party. Reservation fees are non refundable.
- Week 17 kittens are +8 weeks. First vaccinations & in person viewings (Covid reliant).
- Week 21 Kittens are +12 weeks, second vaccination & collection:
- Balance due on or before collection.
Click the link provided to access my cattery Facebook page - don’t forget to click LIKE to receive notifications directly from Facebook whenever I’ve posted. Again, just to reiterate, I’m not a prolific poster outside of kittening times so you will not ever be inundated with notifications.
Keeping in touch after taking your kitten home….
All Naked Sphynx Cat Hampshire kittens & their humans are special VIPS.
Naked Sphynx Cat Hampshire
TICA Registered Cattery
Available Kittens are listed at www.pets4homes.co.uk
I can supply you with references by connecting you directly to families who already enjoy life with NSCH kitten/cats. These connections will be facilitated upon request.
Viewing: In person viewing of Kittens are appointment only.
Covid: (see additional information below) Though we much prefer to have in person viewings when kittens are 8 weeks of age, we now live in a world with covid-19. Depending on numbers of active cases and current legislation in person viewings may not be possible in which case they will be offered by video call with collections regrettably having to be doorstep handover (not before 12 weeks).
It is essential that newborns are protected from pathogens present in the outside world before they have had opportunity to build up their immune systems. No in person viewings will take place until a litter is at least 8 weeks of age & only after they have received their first vaccinations.
While we long to welcome you into our world, the health & welfare of our cats & kittens is our priority, thus the cattery door will remain firmly closed until then.
Very occasionally if they can go ahead, viewings may be further delayed should I feel or my vet recommends that any kitten be given a little extra quiet time with mum.
Collections: No kitten ever leaves the cattery until it has reached 12 weeks. Should a kitten require just a little longer with mum we will decide to keep a kitten a few days more. We will always keep new families informed.
Our priorities & interest is always in ensuring NSCH kittens are robust & purr-fectly ready when they leave mum to begin their new lives.
See our blog posts for the most up to date information.
Covid 19 & it’s effect on the cattery in terms of kitten viewings & collections.
- limited strictly to one person only.
- the viewer must wear a properly positioned/fitted mask at all times,
- You must remove your outdoor shoes &
- You must a anitise your hands before coming inside.
- Additionally you must maintain a reasonable distance
Birth Announcement 2019
|Day 0 - minutes old. At vets.
|Day Zero - at home with mum
|Not even a handful. So delicate and tiny.